National Park weddings are always a dream come true and so this styled intimate bohemian Joshua Tree Elopement makes my heart have all the feels. Neutral, earthy tones, and delicate details make this elopement day something special.
Ever considered an intimate wedding experience at one of the many (63 to be exact) United States National Parks? If you have, then you’re not alone. Over the past few years, eloping to one of these beautiful, national parks has increasingly become more and more popular. Couples are foregoing the “traditional” big wedding experiences, for something a little more private, a little more intimate, and in a place they’ll never forget. One of the National Parks might exactly what you’re looking for.
Joshua Tree National Park
Joshua Tree is one of the 9 National Parks located within the state of California. (Fun fact- California has the most National Parks of any other state!) Located in the southern part of the state, it is where the Mojave and Colorado deserts meet. High winds and high temperatures make this area seem somewhat harsh, which makes the main habitants of the park, the Joshua Tree, truly unique. These distinct trees are something otherworldly and are worth an in-person visit at least once in your lifetime. The twisted, spiky branches look like something right out of a Dr. Seuss book and create the most magical silhouettes. You can learn more about the Joshua Tree HERE.
Joshua Tree Elopement
I knew when I was headed to southern California for another wedding earlier this year, that I just HAD to shoot at Joshua Tree. With it’s funky trees and other-worldly rock formations, Joshua Tree has been on my bucket list for quite some time. Armed with a gorgeous, custom designer dress by Claire LaFaye, I knew I had to make this shoot happen. I teamed up with my beautiful models, Olivia & Chris, as well as one of my favorite photog friends, Inner Images Photography and we executed this intimate bohemian Joshua Tree elopement shoot. So quick and so simple. It really shows that you don’t always need all the fluff and stuff to make an unforgettable experience. Whether it’s your wedding or elopement day, or just for an intimate couples shoot, Joshua Tree National Park makes for a jaw dropping and unique photo backdrop.
Wanna shoot with some funky trees and rad golden hour light?! Hit me up and LET’S GO TO JOSHUA TREE!
Contact me HERE, duh.
Wanna elope to Joshua Tree? Awesome, hit me up, homies. CONTACT ME RIGHT HERE RIGHT MEOW.
And bonus! For your random reading pleasure, here are…
Top 5 Random Facts about Joshua Tree N.P
- The Joshua Tree is not actually a tree! (hint, it’s really a member of the flower family, Agave.)
- Early accounts from pioneers when discovering the plant, called them “the most repulsive tree in the vegetable kingdom.” haha!
- The Joshua Tree actually produces flowers and blooms, but you don’t want to smell them, trust me. THEY STINK!
- Most Joshua tree plants live to be at the most 200 years old. But some have been known to live for almost 500 years. The oldest Joshua tree ever recorded lived to be approximately 1000 years old.
- The famous band, U2, released their landmark album, named Joshua Tree in 1987, igniting a wave of national and global interest in the Joshua tree plant and its namesake National Park.